Groot Haesebroekseweg 44
Attention: Admission only through registration via website. Limited availability.
The vast estate Groot Haesebroek, which was already officially mentioned in the 14th Century, was divided around 1900. One part was designated for the development of a villa park, the other part stayed in existence as Groot Haesebroek. This was bought by Anton and Hélène Kröller-Müller in 1916. The existing house was demolished and replaced by one designed by Henry van der Velde in 1928. A few years later the couple moved to De Hoge Veluwe. During the Second World War the house was confiscated from its Jewish owner Daniel Wolf by the Nazi General der Flieger Friedrich Christiansen. Since 1949 it has been the residence of the Canadian ambassador.