Kieviet school

Kieviet school (Buurtweg 16)
A century ago, in 1918, the Kievietschool came into existance with only eight pupils. It was situated in the gatehouse that gave entrance from the Buurtweg to the vast estate of Prince Frederick. Architect Johan Mutters jr., who was also responsible for the development of villa park De Kieviet, designed a new school in 1922 to house the growing number of students. The thatched building belongs stylistically to the Amsterdam School. Although extensions have been added over the years, the original form and lay out are still largely preserved.