Open from 11.00-17.00hrs
The Dorpskerk has had a central position in the village since the Middle Ages. Remnants of the 11th century tuff church can be seen in the northern wall. In the following centuries the church was partly rebuilt and extended. In 1573, because of the threat of Spanish invasion, it was demolished bij the citizens of Leiden. After this episode the church was only partly restored. The impressive organ, erected by the well known Albert Anthoni Hinsz from Groningen dates from 1769.