Ongoing tours starting at the monument, registration on site. Parking next to the sports grounds at the Buurtweg or the parking area next to the N440 (both ca. 1 km).
During the Second World War this area was used by the Nazis for torture and execution of people on death row. More than 250 resistors were shot here. Directly after the war those who survived decided on a monument for the fallen. For this they used wooden posts that were found in the area and on which the tortured men were bound for execution. Four wooden crosses (now bronze) were produced. In 1959 the bourdon clock was added to the site and is since then an essential part of the commemoration service.